BaselArea.swiss promotes innovation and inward investment for the cantons of Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt and Jura. The core function of BaselArea.swiss is to promote the strengths of the economic region as a center for business and to support both Swiss and foreign entrepreneurs and companies in the implementation of their innovation and business projects in the region.
At the sites Allschwil, Basel and Jura, BaselArea.swiss operates the Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area, where offices, laboratories and common areas are offered and a favorable environment exists for bringing innovative products to market maturity. BaselArea.swiss also runs three initiatives with support programs: BaseLaunch for therapeutic innovation, DayOne for healthcare innovation and i4Challenge for industrial transformation.
We are looking for an independent, flexible and motivated person to enhance our Innovation & Entrepreneurship team, to start immediately or as agreed.
Director Entrepreneurship, 50 – 60 %
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall development and management of entrepreneurship activities.
- Development and implementation of strategy for entrepreneurship activities at BaselArea.swiss
- Representing BaselArea.swiss and managing interfaces with other entrepreneurship initiatives in Switzerland and abroad as required
- Development of “Thought Leadership” on the subject of entrepreneurship
- Business development for partnerships and financing opportunities
- Management of day-to-day entrepreneurship activities and of one or two members of staff in the Development Department
- Budget and controlling responsibility for entrepreneurship activities
- Degree in business administration, science or engineering
- 5-10 years of professional experience, including several years in a managerial role
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, strategic and networking thinking
- Strong decision-making skills and independent approach to work, organisation and planning skills, service and client orientation, excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Highly motivated and flexible. The role is expected to involve regular travel throughout the region
- Fluent in German, English and French.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org