BaselArea.swiss promotes innovation and inward investment for the cantons of Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt and Jura.
BaselArea.swiss today employs around 30 people and has an annual core budget of 5 million francs, which is borne by the three cantons and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO).
The core function of BaselArea.swiss is to promote the strengths of the economic region as a center for business and to support both Swiss and foreign entrepreneurs and companies in the implementation of their innovation and business projects in the region.
At the sites Allschwil, Basel and Jura, BaselArea.swiss operates the Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area, where offices, laboratories and common areas are offered and a favorable environment exists for bringing innovative products to market maturity.
BaselArea.swiss also runs three initiatives with funding programs: BaseLaunch for therapeutic innovation, DayOne for healthcare innovation and i4Challenge for industrial transformation.
BaselArea.swiss offers its clients services in three areas:
- Under Invest in Basel Region, clients receive decision-making aids tailored to their needs to help them establish their business activities in the region and are given expert advice throughout their establishment process.
- Under Connecting Innovators, companies and researchers receive support in the areas of technology, R&D and innovation within the Technology Fields of Life Sciences, Medtech, ICT, Micro, Nano & Materials and also Production Technologies.
- Under Supporting Entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs who settle in the region or start up a new company here receive general assistance with the operational implementation of their project. In addition, start-ups and expanding SMEs in the above-mentioned Technology Fields are provided with support through targeted networking with experts and investors.
To support this portfolio of services, BaselArea.swiss operates a comprehensive information platform and thus contributes to the sustainable positioning of the Basel region as a leading centre for innovation and business. Here BaselArea.swiss provides two channels in particular:
- Innovation Reports: reports on the innovation scene in the Basel region and publishes a monthly newsletter with interviews, background reports and information on starting up a company and establishing a company in the region.
- Innovation Events: at more than 50 events a year focusing on knowledge transfer and entrepreneurship, BaselArea.swiss provides innovators and company founders with an opportunity to network on current issues.